Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to January-Classics Month

Happy New Year! I read right up until the last minute of 2009 and managed to fall 2 books short on my author A-Z challenge. I did manage to squeak in Murder Most Royal for the 2009 Plaidy Challenge and this allowed me to complete the 2009 PBS Historical Fiction Challenge as MMR was my last book for that one. I will be posting my review in the next day or so.

This month I am taking a break from all other genres and starting my new year with some older works. I am designating January my Classics month. On the reading list:

  1. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (which is also my Pulitzer pick for January) READ
  2. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott READ
  3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte READ
  4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte READ
  5. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess READ
  6. My Antonia by Willa Cather READ
  7. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
  8. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
  9. Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad
  10. The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
  11. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

I LOVE the classics and have quite a big collection of them. Unfortunately with so many other books around I rarely get to read one. I am excited to read several this month and I will be posting reviews on all of them. Stay tuned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment