Thursday, December 31, 2009

Au Revoir 2009....

So 2009 is just about done and even if it hasn't been a great year for much else, it has been a wonderful year for reading. I managed to finish the year with 87 books read which is 34 more than last year and many of those I really enjoyed. I have discovered many new authors and made many friends who share my love of books.

There were a few standouts this year so without further ado here is my top 5 for 2009:

  1. Mary by Janis Cooke Newman
  2. Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
  3. Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill
  4. Aztec by Gary Jennings
  5. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Honorable Mentions:

  1. Signora da Vinci by Robin Maxwell
  2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  3. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  4. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

I am looking forward to 2010 and working on the PBS Historical Fiction and Classic Literature challenges as well as the Tudor Book Challenge, The Historical Fiction Reading Challenge, and the 100+ Reading Challenge.

Here's wishing everyone a blessed year full of wonderful reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly! The new year is here and The Tudor Book challenge has begun. I wish you luck in your pursuit of wonderful Tudor literature this year.

    I have posted an official roster of participants in The Tudor Book Challenge. You can find that here.

    http://benedictionary.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/tudor-book-challenge-official-roster/

    When you finish a Tudor book and review it, please provide me a link there so I can update your progress for the prizes we are giving away. Happy historical readings in 2010!

    ReplyDelete