Saturday, September 4, 2010

Literary Bucket List


Does anyone else keep a literary bucket list? My TBR has gotten to the point where even if the only item on the list was to read all the books currently on my TBR I don't think I could do it. For awhile I was using listofbests but then people kept editing the lists and making annoying changes so I stopped. I do have some reading goals to accomplish over a lifetime though (in addition to travelling Europe, winning big at gambling, and writing the next great American novel which is on my regular bucket list).

Here is what I have so far:
  • Read all the Pulitzer Prize Winners for Fiction 7/84
  • Read as many classics as I can (yes, even Ulysses and War and Peace....)
  • Read all of Jean Plaidy's books 16/95
  • Read the 1,oo1 Books to Read Before you Die list
and if I have time left after all that:
  • Read the books I already own (at my current pace it would take me 8 years to do that)
Since that's roughly 3,000 books, something tells me I should have started on this list about 15 years ago. Still I'll give it my best shot. So, anyone else got an overly ambitious reading list they're trying to conquer?

No comments:

Post a Comment