Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Weekly Acquisitions

I love this time of year for books! My anniversary is the end of November and then comes Christmas and then two months later my birthday. I usually spend any money I get from these occasions on books. In my opinion (and my family may or may not agree) I am really easy to shop for. The only two things I ever ask for are clothes and books, the latter of which I never get because said family thinks I "already have too many books". Oh the cringe-worthiness of that statement! There is NO SUCH THING as too many books. Anyway, I did get a little money thrown my way for the anniversary so I spent a couple hours perusing Barnes and Noble last night and picked up these:

  • A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  • Heir to Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier
  • Dragonheart by Todd McCaffrey
  • Devil's Brood by Sharon Kay Penman
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (that sucker is huge!!!)

Also in PBS land I was blessed to have these posted to me from my wishlist so they should be arriving in my mailbox shortly:
  • The Secret Scripture-Sebastian Barry
  • Circle of Pearls by Rosalind Laker

It will be so disappointing when the holidays are over and the incoming books slow to a crawl. Then I guess I can spend less time aquiring books and more time actually READING them :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. I'm just waiting for the next one to come out, which is taking a very long time. :)

    ReplyDelete