Monday, December 28, 2009

Back from New York and loaded down with books...

I absolutely hate long car rides but I do love that it gives me plenty of reading time. For Christmas we went to see the in-laws in NY which is a 13 hour ride each way. I managed to finish The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir and Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin. Reviews on those should be coming shortly :)

While on vacation the following wishes were granted on PBS and are coming to me:
  • A Catch of Consequence by Diana Norman
  • The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
  • Day After Night by Anita Diamant
  • Dragonquest by Donita K. Paul



And of course I got books for Christmas! The results from my Barnes and Noble rampage:
  • The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
  • The Toss of a Lemon by Padma Viswanathan
  • The Queen's Dollmaker by Christine Trent
  • Time and Chance by Sharon Kay Penman
  • The French Mistress by Susan Holloway Scott
  • The Virgin's Daughter by Jeanne Westin
  • We Two: Victoria and Albert: Ruler, Partners, Rivals by Gillian Gill

I am in dire need of more shelving space so I think that is what the rest of my Christmas money will be going for. Hope everyone else had a lovely holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Be sure to let me know after you read DragonQuest, whether you like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a drool-worthy pile of books you've got there! Happy reading (and Happy New Year)!

    ReplyDelete