Sunday, July 17, 2011

Suddenly Sunday

Suddenly Sunday is hosted by Svea at The Muse in the Fog Book Review.

It has been a busy reading week for me!  I am in the habit of always carrying the current book I'm reading with me wherever I go because you never know when you may be stuck somewhere and may be able to squeeze in a chapter or two.  Well, lucky me one of my bosses no longer has a computer so every time he needs to borrow mine its been reading time.  Yay!

This past week I posted reviews on:
This coming week will be reviews on:
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • In a Treacherous Court by Michelle Diener
Today I am interrupting my regularly scheduling reading program to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 with my son. Can't wait!  He is participating in the Summer Reading Program at the local library so I've been taking him to check out some books every Saturday.  He gets a stamp for every 20 minutes of reading and when he fills up an entry form with six stamps he gets to put it in a drawing for one of the prize packages.  He is kicking butt!  In addition to reading on his own, we've been reading The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster together.  I had forgotten how many big words were in that book and was worried that at six he wouldn't get it but he seems to be really liking it.  That makes me happy because it's one of my favorites from when I was younger. Okay, enough of my rambling.  Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I always LOVED the Phantom Tollbooth! Great book. I'm glad he is enjoying it. I passed it on to so many people that I knew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely did have a great reading week! Looking forward to reading your upcoming reviews.

    Have fun at HP. I hope to go see it next weekend.

    ReplyDelete