Sunday, June 12, 2011

Suddenly Sunday

Suddenly Sunday is hosted by Svea at Muse in the Fog Book Review.

Yesterday I had quite an achievement. There was a friends of the library sale right down the road from my house and I didn't go! Usually I cannot resist the lure of a good book sale. Last weekend I spent about 8 hours reorganizing my shelf by era (it may seem a bit obsessive/anal but it makes sense since 95% of my books are historical fiction) and ended up with 6 stacks of books that I didn't have shelf space for so for now I am trying to resist acquiring more until I read enough to fit them all back on the shelves.

Besides my book shelf overhaul I posted 2 reviews this week:
Coming up this week:

Monday: another Monday, another mailbox
Wednesday: Review of Queen by Right by Anne Easter Smith
Thursday: Review of Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey
Friday: Review of The Dark Enquiry by Deanna Raybourn

Also my ARC Giveaway is still open for entrants :)

I am planning on making today as lazy as possible (except for doing some laundry). Hubby and the Boy are going to Craig's Cruisers which is one of those local deals with arcades, mini golf, and a go-kart track. I finished all the books I had pre-scheduled for reviews and it has been so long since I haven't had my reading list planned out I stood in front of my shelves for an hour trying to decide what to read the other day (hence the McCaffrey book). Ah the freedom, but oh, the indecision! While I am busy playing the pick it up and put it back game in front of my shelves again today, I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday :)

3 comments:

  1. Great self-restraint on not going to the books sale, Holly. I don't know that I'd be able to resist :-) I'm trying to cut back on my acquisitions due to lack of shelf space myself.

    I'm looking forward to your upcoming reviews, especially for Queen by Right and The Dark Enquiry.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the self restraint! I am not sure that I would have been able to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! There may be hope for me yet :)

    ReplyDelete