Sunday, October 10, 2010

Suddenly Sunday

Suddenly Sunday is hosted by Svea of A Muse in the Fog.

Hello all! Hope you are having a gorgeous Sunday. I will most likely spend the majority of the day reading and doing laundry and enjoying the fact that I have tomorrow off as well. This week will be pretty hectic for me as the boy and I are flying down to beautiful Houston TX on Thursday to see my sister for a few days and Wednesday is parent teacher conferences. The Texas trip I think will be kind of bittersweet for me because the boy and I went down there for a week long vacation with my dad and he passed away a little over a month after we got back so I'm sure lots of things will remind me of him while I'm there. Despite the gloomy thoughts, I am determined to enjoy myself while I'm there. I love Houston and as a book nerd I love that I will be able to visit Twice Told Tales-the wonderful used bookstore I found the last visit and half price books which doesn't exist up here.

This week I reviewed Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery.
Despite the busy week ahead I a pretty big mailbox to share tomorrow and reviews on:
  • Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn
  • Guenevere: Queen of the Summer Country by Rosalind Miles
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  • Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum

all of which will be posted this coming week. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Now off to wash what we need for the Texas trip and read some more of Les Miserables. I think I'll bring it as my airplane read. Given its size, if we have anyone try any funny business on the plane I can use it as a weapon....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for participating in Suddenly Sunday :) I hope your week has been going well!

    ReplyDelete