Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Cold Brings on the Strangeness...

Hmm....What should I read? I stood in front of my shelf at least 5 times this week and asked myself that question. I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo over the weekend and I'm having one of those restless reading moments where I can't for the life of me decide what to read next. I picked up Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and put it back. Picked up The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory and put it back. Picked up Silent on the Moor (Lady Julia #3) by Deanna Raybourn and put it back and so I have finally settled on Les Miserables by Victor Hugo which strangely ended up being THE book on my 1,000+ volume bookshelf that said "READ ME NOW!"

Anyone else having a finicky reading moment lately where nothing sounds good and then everything sounds good and you can't make a decision? Lets hope Les Mis pays off and I don't get carpal tunnel in the process of reading it. For some reason I always have the urge to read the classics when the weather starts turning cold.

Another urge that has struck quite recently-the urge to go see musicals! I don't know why this is as I have never been to a musical but there are several I would like to go to and hopefully will go to sometime in the next year. I would love to see Wicked, Chicago, Grease, and Phantom of the Opera. The problem-I have to drive either 3 hours to Chicago or 3 hours to Detroit to be able to do this and my husband is more the kind of guy to flop on the couch and watch Comedy Central than take me to the theatre. If anyone has seen any musicals they absolutely loved please do tell. I'd love more to add to my list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment