Sunday, May 9, 2010

Suddenly Sunday

Suddenly Sunday is hosted by A Muse in the Fog

Happy Mother's Day to all! I am hoping everyone else is having a wonderful day. Hubby works for a cable company and was called out to a job but he did get me Starbucks before he rolled out and my little urchin provided a foot massage and promised to fetch all the books I need from my book room today :)

I got a few reviews done this week:

and I have one done that I have not reviewed yet which I plan on doing later today:

  • The Tudor Rose by Margaret Campbell Barnes

And one I am almost done with that I will be reviewing sometime this week:

  • The King's Fool by Margaret Campbell Barnes

Yesterday I hit the annual Norton Shores Friends of the Library Sale and came home with 36 books for me plus 4 for my son for $21! I love great deals (and great books). See what I got tomorrow in my mailbox monday post and expect a few more rather large mailboxes as there is another FOL on 22nd of May and yet another big one on the 8th of June. I love FOL sale season!

I'm slowly completing books for the challenges I'm participating in this year. Here is where I stand on those so far:

2010 Plaidy Challenge # completed: 3

  1. The Captive of Kensington Palace (Victoria #1)
  2. The Queen and Lord M (Victoria #2)
  3. The Plantagenet Prelude (Plantagenet Saga #1)

100+ Reading Challenge # completed: 28 (see books read in 2010 in sidebar)

Historical Fiction Reading Challenge # completed 13/20

  1. Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
  2. The Fool's Tale by Nicole Galland
  3. The Silver Rose (Dark Queen #3) by Susan Carroll
  4. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
  5. The Plantagenet Prelude by Jean Plaidy
  6. The Captive of Kensington Palace by Jean Plaidy
  7. The Queen and Lord M by Jean Plaidy
  8. The Huntress (Dark Queen #4) by Susan Carroll
  9. Twilight of a Queen (Dark Queen #5) by Susan Carroll
  10. The Pale Horseman (Saxon Chronicles #2) by Bernard Cornwell
  11. The Serpent's Tale (Mistress of the Art of Death #2) by Ariana Franklin
  12. The Lost Diary of Don Juan by Douglas Carlton Abrams
  13. Rasputin's Daughter by Robert Alexander

Books of the Century Challenge # completed: 2/5

  1. My Antonia by Willa Cather
  2. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

I have also decided to participate at Marie's Tudor Mania Challenge at the Burton Review. None yet but I'll be on the board by the end of the week :)

It is finally starting to warm up here a bit in Michigan so here's hoping for some reading with fresh warm breezes blowing through the windows. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment