Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mailbox Monday


Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page.

I had lots of goodies this week. I tried to be good and not buy anything, I really did. I was just going to look I swear! I'm a sucker for a good deal though :) Coming into my house this week were:

From the Library UBS:
  • The White Mare by Jules Watson
  • The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx
  • A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley
  • Cashelmara by Susan Howatch

From Goodwill:
  • The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart
  • False Colours by Georgette Heyer

From Barnes & Noble:
  • The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

From Paperbackswap:
  • An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
  • The Queen's Lover by Vanora Bennett
  • O Juliet by Robin Maxwell
  • The Heartbreaker by Elizabeth McNeill
  • England for Dummies by Donald Olson
and this one I got from PBS last week but forgot to put in my MM post:
  • Daughter of Satan by Jean Plaidy

Hope everyone else had a fantastic mailbox!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, great mailbox! I read A Thousand Acres years ago and liked it. The Gabaldon is on my list but I've only read the first book (and liked it). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a loverly mailbox! I have quite a few of those myself. Have you read Jules Watson's The Swan Maiden? It is fabulous! She's writing a follow up to it as we speak and I can't wait!

    Good finds...happy reading!

    My mailbox is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl WHo Played With Fire is on my list. You had a wonderful week. Enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky finds at Goodwill. I have been wanting to read a Georgette Heyer book. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! What a fabulous mailbox! Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Cashelmara in high school and I have it on my shelf to re-read. My MM is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. +JMJ+

    Hi, Holly! =)

    Have you read the first book in Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? If so, then how did you find it?

    Just curious . . . =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a good haul there! I really liked the Larsson books, and enjoyed whole trilogy that started with The White Mare.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete