Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Silent Night Read-A-Thon and Library Loot


Since August  I have been going non-stop with college and now I finally have a break!  I have three blissful weeks to catch up on my reading which is why I am super excited to do The 1st Annual Silent Night Read-A-Thon hosted by Svea @ The Muse in the Fog Book Review!  This will give me a chance to read all of those library books I checked out in a fit of madness last week.  What can I say?  I got a little out of control at the prospect of reading something besides a textbook.  Anyway, if you're like me in realizing your days are numbered when it comes to finishing up challenges for 2012, then this Read-A-Thon just might be the ticket.  Sign ups are here if you want to check it out.  It starts Saturday so its just around the corner!

Library Loot is hosted by Claire @ The Captive Reader and Marg @ The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader

So in case you're wondering about the results of aforementioned bout of madness, here is what I picked up from the library in the past week:
  • The Last King of Scotland by Giles Foden
  • The Twelve Rooms of the Nile by Enid Shomer
  • Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
  • One Second After by William R. Fortschen
  • The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce


 
 

I am hoping to get through all of these by the end of this weekend. Ambitious?  Yes-but I still have challenge books to get through :)  Did you pick up anything interesting this week?

1 comment:

  1. I took Destiny of the Republic out of the library, but I can't read it until I read the last book for my Mount TBR challenge.
    Looks like you have some wonderful read-a-thon books. I loved Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry.

    ReplyDelete