Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dads, the week ahead, and a read-a-thon!



Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

The Boy and I totally tricked the hubby into thinking all he got was a card and a Toblerone candy bar (we got him Diablo III for his computer as well but didn't let him have it til later...)  It being his big day means I get to do the honors for dinner but before I have to go slave away in the kitchen I thought I'd post what is going to be going on here this coming week.

Monday: Mailbox time!

Tuesday: Review of The Secret Keeper by Sandra Byrd and a giveaway!

Wednesday: Review of Voyager by Diana Gabaldon @ Royal Reviews

Friday: Posting winner of The Queen's Pleasure by Brandy Purdy (open til midnight the 21st, don't forget to enter!) and Review of The Orphanmaster by Jean Zimmerman


This week I also signed up for the High Summer Read-A-Thon hosted by Michelle @ The True Book Addict. She now has a dedicated blog for her reading challenges called Seasons of Reading.  I had great fun participating in the Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon she hosted so I am really looking forward to this one.

There is a participant giveaway and there may be some mini-challenges as well.  I often make up this super ambitious list of books to get done during a read-a-thon and then I fail miserably.  Hopefully that won't be the case this time around. :)

Now off to do some reading!   I have some more updates to add to my upcoming historical fiction pages at some point today.  Lots of great books being released in the coming months. I was actually attempting that this morning when Blogger decided to be uncooperative and not allow me to save once I was done.  Thank you blogger.  GRRR....  Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment