Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mailbox Monday


Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia. Mailbox Monday is currently on tour and this month is making it's home @ Martha's Bookshelf.


 This weekend kicked off the local library sale season so the boy and I headed out early Saturday morning to check out the first sale and we did good!

From the FOL sale:

  • 1,000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz
  • The Anatomy of Deception by Lawrence Goldstone
  • Andersonville by MacKinlay Kantor
  • The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • The Black Tower by Louis Bayard
  • The Countess Angelique by Sergeanne Golon
  • Galileo's Daughter by David Sobel
  • How the Scots Invented the Modern World by by Arthur L. Herman
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
  • Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
  • Roots by Alex Haley (read this one but wanted another copy for re-read)
  • The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather
  • Sula by Toni Morrison
  • Tipperary by Frank Delaney
  • Mary Queen of Scots and the Murder of Lord Darnley by Alison Weir (had this one already and didn't realize it.  Will be posting extra one on PBS).
  • Freedom by Jonathan Franzen



 

 

 

 



 For Review:
  • Days of Splendor, Days of Sorrow by Juliet Grey
  • Spartacus the Gladiator by Ben Kane
  • Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame

 

Purchased w/Barnes and Noble gift card:
  • The Anatomy of Death by Felicity Young
  • The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  • Four Sisters All Queens by Sherry Jones

 

7 comments:

  1. Great book haul.....looking forward to seeing your reviews, especially for the second book in the Marie Antoinette series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing books! the Frank delaney caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome books! There have been a lot of library sales lately. I'll have to see if my library is having one! Enjoy them all!

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read the Juliet Grey book. And don't you just love library sales?!? Hope you enjoy The Little Giant of Aberdeen County as much as I did, and I'm jealous about the Frank Delaney book.

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to see The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon in your mailbox this week! he's one of my fav authors ever! If you've never read The Shadow of the Wind by him be sure to check that out as well, I liked it even more than Angel's Game but both are fantastic! He's got another one coming out later this year that has characters from both books in it that I am DYING to get my hands on!

    I'm SO envious you have a copy of Wentworth Hall to read, I'm pining away to read that one! It looks so great, unfortunately even if I bought a copy today I couldn't read it right away :D

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog!
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you found some good ones at the FOL sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roots is SUCH a good book. And I really really want to read "How Scots Invented the Modern World". I've had my eye on it for a while but haven't bought it yet. Good list!

    ReplyDelete