Monday, March 12, 2012

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books.  MM is currently on tour and this month it is making it's home with Anna at Diary of an Eccentric.

I hit the jackpot yesterday at the UBS in one of my local libraries.  I go in there about once a month because the books are so cheap (and the $ supports the library).  Sometimes I walk away empty handed and sometimes I walk away with a whole armload.  Yesterday it was the latter where I got 4 hardcovers and 1 trade paperback for $2.40!

Here is what I got:

  • The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron
  • A Flaw in the Blood by Stephanie Barron
  • Fleur by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
  • Paradise Alley by Kevin Baker
  • Peter the Great by Robert K. Massie





From Paperbackswap:

  • The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott
  • The French Executioner by C.C. Humphreys
  • The Foreign Field by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles



Won from LibraryThing:

  • The Kings' Mistresses by Elizabeth C. Goldsmith



For Review:
  • The Queen's Pleasure by Brandy Purdy


11 comments:

  1. You have an amazing mailbox this week. I cant wait to see what you make of all of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Fleur. It is the third in a trilogy, but it can be read as a stand alone. There is enough time gap between the books that you won't find yourself being spoiled for the earlier ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful selection of books. Cynthia Harrod-Eagles is such a prolific writer. I like her historical books as well as her contemporary mystery series. Have fun reading your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mailbox! Can't wait to see what you think of The Dressmaker -- I've seen v mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of great reads, enjoy!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/mailbox-monday_12.html

      Delete
  5. You've had a terrific week -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly! Thanks for stopping by! I see we have similar interests in reading. I also have The Dressmaker and I've now added three of your books to my wish list!
    Happy Reading~
    Kimberly
    http://www.a-novel-affair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox. I've read a couple (A Flaw in the Blood and The French Executioner) and will be on the look out for your thoughts once you finish with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Dressmaker is on my TBR list. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great mailbox. You must be on the tour for The Queen Pleasure as well. It looks like a good one. I also own a couple that you picked up at the library sale. Library sales rock, don't they?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a haul! Great finds and a great deal at the library sale. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete