Sunday, February 26, 2012

Suddenly Sunday


Suddenly Sunday is hosted by Svea at The Muse in the Fog Book Review.

Well, I was hoping for a lazy Sunday of reading today but the Boy reminded me I promised to take him to the movies.  We were planning on seeing War Horse but this one is showing at a theater that is kind of run down and not in the safest part of town.  After much back and forth *we* finally decided on Star Wars: Phantom Menace in 3-D at a different theater which is much nicer (and unfortunately more expensive).  Only for my child will I suffer through the atrocity that is Jar Jar Binks.

This week:

  • Reviewed The Forest Laird by William Wallace.  The giveaway for this one is open til midnight the 29th.
  • Finished reading Glow by Jessica Maria Tuccelli (review coming March 15th)

This coming week:
  • Mailbox Monday
  • Review of Enchantments by Kathryn Harrison on March 1st
  • Friday Reading Journal

Right now I am 100 pages into The Anatomist's Apprentice by Tessa Harris which I am reviewing at Royal Reviews on March 6th for Mystery Week.  

Hoping to read this week:
  • Duchess: A Novel of Sarah Churchill by Susan Holloway Scott
  • The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
  • The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

Tenant of Wildfell Hall is the last book I have to read before I am completely caught up on reviews through March.  YAY!  I am glad I made the decision not to review everything I read this year and do the Friday journal for the ones I don't review.  It has been so liberating and for some reason I am tearing through books  much faster and reading across a wider variety of genres.  So far this year I seem to be reading a lot of books that are better than good (3 fleurs) but not quite very good (4 fleurs).  The magical 5 fleur -stop everything and contact everyone I know who has read a book in the past decade to tell them READ THIS NOW-book continues to elude me.  Hopefully I'll find one of those soon.  

Besides the reading I'm hoping to clean up my two upcoming historical fiction pages this week and annotate whether or not they are UK or US releases.  Not sure why I didn't do this in the first place but I'll be tackling that and double and triple checking to make sure I have the right cover images, descriptions, and release dates (and to add more book of course!).  

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.  Now I am off to get ready for my big date with the Boy...and Jar Jar.....

No comments:

Post a Comment