Sunday, July 31, 2011

High Summer Read-A-Thon wrap up

I started the High Summer Read-A-Thon hosted by Michelle @ The True Book Addict on monday evening when I got home from work.  Here is the reading list I started with:
  1. Finish King and Goddess by Judith Tarr
  2. The Twelfth Enchantment by David Liss
  3. To Die For by Sandra Byrd
  4. City of Promise by Beverly Swerling
  5. Eromenos by Melanie McDonald
  6. The Magicians by Lev Grossman
I am happy to say I read the first 5 books on this list and got about 10 pages into the 6th.  That brings my page count for the read-a-thon to 1,550 pages!   This was a great excuse to read my butt off.  Now to tackle the huge pile of laundry that built up while I spent all week with my nose stuck in books.  I had a lot of fun participating in this and the mini-challenges.  The results weren't too bad for my first read-a-thon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Holly! You did so great...I'd say it was an excellent accomplishment for your first one! So glad you had fun and I hope you will join me for my Fall read-a-thon in October. I will be having a scary theme. I think it will be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Sounds like you had a great reading week. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/high-summer-read-thon-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete