Sunday, October 24, 2010

Suddenly Sunday

Suddenly Sunday is hosted by Svea at A Muse in the Fog.

Hello all! So, I wasn't around much the past week and that is because last Thursday the boy and I jetted down to Texas to see my lovely sister who lives in Houston. It was quite an adventure getting there (we missed our connecting flight in Chicago and had to fly out the next day) but we had a great time. This trip was a lot of firsts for me and my son.

Friday we mowed down some yummy greek food at Niko Nikos. Saturday we mowed down yummy mexican food at La Mexicana. We took the boy to see a Winnie the Pooh play in the morning and in the afternoon we decided to drive an hour north to Plantersville, TX to check out the Texas Renaissance Faire. None of us had ever been to one and it was one of the coolest things I've ever been to. It was like Disneyland for history nerds. Everyone was in beautiful costume and they had over 600 booths there. I was in heaven. Hubby was not happy when I called to tell him I was running away to join the Ren Faire and would now spend my days dressed as a noble woman from 1550's scarfing giant turkey legs with Henry VIII. Calling it a renaissance Faire was kind of misleading because people were dressed from all different time periods (there was even a wolf man and someone dressed as Harry Potter).

Here is a pic of my son with this jolly warrior fellow we ran across:



And here is one of him as a knight on his trusty steed:



Seriously I could have lived the rest of my life in that place and died a happy woman :) Just when I thought the trip couldn't get any better the next day my sis, my niece and I had a a beauty day. My sis brought me to a salon and I had my hair highlighted for the first time. While I was in the salon they took boy ice skating for the first time. Then we went and got manicures and pedicures. My niece took my son home with her and my sis and I headed downtown to see:
My first musical-Loved it!

Monday I went to half price books because we are not lucky enough to have one here in Michigan. I brought home about 50 lbs of books (check out my mailbox tomorrow to see what I got). We arrived home just before midnight on Monday and I have been trying to get back in the swing of things since then.

I did manage to get a little reading done. I posted a review of Silent on the Moor yesterday and have reviews of I, Tituba: Black Witch of Salem by Maryse Conde and Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn coming up this week.

And now off to do a little reading. I have put Les Miserables aside for now and started The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom last night. Its pretty good so far. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You must be excited with all of those books! Can't wait to see what you found :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete