Sunday, February 28, 2010

Suddenly Sunday


Suddenly Sunday is a meme for giving the rundown of your reading week and is hosted by Muse in the Fog.
This week was tough for me reading wise. My daycare closed unexpectedly which left me in a scramble all week long to find a new one for my little urchin while missing as little work time as possible. That didn't leave me with a lot of reading time but I FINALLY managed to finish Lonesome Dove. You can see my review of that wonderful book right below this post. Also just a couple hours ago I managed to finish Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. I will be reviewing that one later today or some time tomorrow.
I started a new reading challenge on the PBS Games Forum called Serial Readers II. This challenge runs for 5 weeks and the object is to read as many of the series books that have been sitting neglected on your shelf as possible. The winners get credits to spend on PBS. I love challenges like this because I do finally get to some of those books that have been on my shelf forever and also because I usually pick up the reading pace. I don't expect to win because there are some people that participate that can finish multiple books in one day and I can't do that but its fun anyway. Expect to see lots of reviews for books in a series in the next month.
Meanwhile, I have been perusing all of my favorite blogs this week and have been eye balling the beautiful Murano Venetian Glass Pendant the ladies at the Historical Fiction Round Table are giving away as part of their event for the release of Donna Russo Morin's The Secret of the Glass. This weekend my big sis offered to take me on a vacation to Europe in the fall of 2011. Italy is definitely in my top 5 of place I want to go so maybe I'll get to see how they make their beautiful creations in real life.
Special thanks to Daphne at Tanzanite's Shelf and Stuff for featuring my blog in her following on friday post. Daphne's blog is the place I go when I want to find out what is coming up in the historical fiction world and to look at the beautiful covers on the upcoming releases.
Well thats it for this week. Hope everyone has a splendid week in which they get lots of reading done :)

3 comments:

  1. Will your big sis adopt me?!!!! There are so many places in Europe I want to go - so much history and cool places to visit. I've been to England for a short visit but that's the only place - I'm sure you can't go wrong no matter where you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a hard time deciding where I want to go! I'm saving England as a 10 year anniversary trip w/hubby for 2012 but right now I've narrowed the 2011 trip down to:

    Normandy, Paris, Interlaken and Marseille

    Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam

    Prague, Budapest, Vienna

    or Italy.

    I don't know if she'll adopt you Daphne but maybe I can stow you away in my suitcase :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like you've had one of those weeks! Mine wasn't nearly as exciting. I did manage to put in a lot of time at work but since I'm salary it doesn't matter.

    That's so cool that your sis would do that! My mom and I've been attempting to go to Isreal for the last few years. Maybe next year.

    Anyway hope your week is better
    Sarai
    http://saraiprivatespace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete