Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Weekly Acquisitions

I only have three coming to me this week (from PBS) but they all look pretty interesting:
  • The Alienist by Caleb Carr
  • Lady of the Glen by Jennifer Roberson
  • Mistress Shakespeare by Karen Harper


The Alienist was on an idiot's guide list I ran across at Goodreads so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I've read Lady of the Forest by Jennifer Roberson which I loved and Lady of Sherwood which was ok, so I'm looking forward to Lady of the Glen which is set in Scotland. Mistress Shakespeare caught my attention because of the beautiful Waterhouse painting on the cover. I've heard good things about Karen Harper so hopefully I'll like the book too :)

2 comments:

  1. I have heard Mistress Shakespeare is very good. Lady of the Glen looks interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read something by Karen Harper for awhile now. I have The Last Boleyn and the First Princess of Wales on my shelf too. I can't wait til her new one The Queen's Governess comes out :)

    ReplyDelete